PR (Public Relations) link building is the process of getting high-quality backlinks to a website by leveraging relationships with journalists, bloggers, and other influencers. This is typically done by creating and pitching a story or piece of content that would be of interest to the influencer’s audience, and including a link back to the website in the story or content. This can be an effective way to build backlinks because the links come from reputable and authoritative sources.
How to do PR link building?
Here are some steps to follow when doing PR link building:
- Research: Identify relevant journalists, bloggers, and influencers in your industry or niche. Look for those who have a large following and a good reputation.
- Create valuable content: Develop a piece of content that would be of interest to the target audience of the influencers you identified. This could be a blog post, an infographic, a video, or any other type of content that is engaging and informative.
- Pitch the content: Reach out to the influencers and pitch your content to them. Make sure to personalize the pitch and explain why you think it would be valuable to their audience.
- Build relationships: Follow up with the influencers and build relationships with them. This will make it more likely that they will share your content and link to your website.
- Monitor and measure: Monitor the results of your PR link building efforts and measure the success of your campaign. Use tools like Ahrefs or Majestic to track your backlinks and see which influencers are driving the most traffic to your website.
It’s important to keep in mind that PR link building can take time and effort, but it can be a valuable way to acquire high-quality backlinks from reputable and authoritative sources.
Best Platforms for the PR link Building
There are several platforms that can be useful for PR link building, some of the popular ones are:
- Help a Reporter Out (HARO): This platform connects journalists with sources for their stories. By signing up as a source, you can receive daily emails with requests from journalists looking for experts in your field.
- Buzzsumo: This platform allows you to find the most shared content in your industry and see who shared it. You can then reach out to these influencers and pitch them your content.
- Muck Rack: This platform is a database of journalists and their contact information. You can use it to find relevant journalists in your industry and pitch them your content.
- Pressfarm: This platform helps startups and small businesses connect with journalists and bloggers. It’s a great place to find and reach out to influencers who cover your niche.
- Pitchbox: This is an all-in-one platform for link building and PR outreach. You can use it to research influencers, create personalized pitches, and track the results of your campaigns.
Keep in mind that these platforms can be a great starting point, but it is also important to do your own research and find influencers that are relevant to your industry. Building relationships with these influencers through personalized and consistent outreach is also a key for a successful PR link building campaign.
Also Read: Best SEO Strategy for 2023